Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A rainbow of cards

The first day of spring was calling out for an art project at our house. So we got out the watercolor paints and made "rainbow cards." We started out by painting rainbows, then I showed the kids a few different techniques and let them do their thing.

IMG_4791

I always end up liking their paintings more than my own! Mine tend to be more methodical and thought out. They just go for it.

IMG_4766

After they dried, I used the paintings to make cards. Now we have a fresh new stack to be used for birthdays, anniversaries, and thank you's... and I may just hold on to a couple of my favorites :)

IMG_4799

2 comments:

  1. Did you have them use 4x6 cards? Super cute and a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I just cut up some water color paper into 4x6 rectangles and had the kids paint on those.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...