Saturday, July 23, 2011

Morning distraction: zip line

On these lazy summer days we haven't had a whole lot going on in the mornings. Nowhere we have to rush off to. And it's on mornings like these that the kids tend to drift to the TV or computer to fill the time. Unless there's some kind of distraction. I'm not completely against the TV or (educational) computer games, but I do think that too much of anything is a bad thing. And to be honest, I don't love starting our day with them. So I have found that if I have something ready for them to play with, a toy they haven't seen in a while, a game, a picture to color, etc., I can easily avoid the screens. One thing we tried this week was building a mini zip line that I found on the blog Made By Joel. Love this blog. So many fun ideas! The kids loved watching buttons, lego guys and whatever else we could attach to the paperclip zip down the line. Kept their attention and excitement for 3 or 4 mornings. Then, like any other toy, it started to get looked past. On to the next distraction!

zip line

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...